The DSOBS Uttarakhand Disaster Relief Initiative
For the next two months we invite the fraternity to join us in an open dialogue on the website as to how best the DSOBS can contribute to and provide aid for Uttarakhand. This is a catastrophe that has wreaked havoc with tens of thousands of families. The extent of the damage is enormous and subsequently any action requires a long-term view as the aid will be required in Uttarakhand for some years to come. We would like members of the fraternity to enumerate how they can contribute and then come together to plan how best we as a group can effectively deliver aid.
Do we create a broad based aid platform? Or do we provide specialised aid of a particular kind? Which area do we specialise in, what kind of aid is required and what kind of aid can we provide? Do we provide technical knowhow, such as Earthquake resistant designs for houses that will need to be rebuilt, or provide funds for water purification Systems or for books, computers and solar power systems for schools to provide education for children?
1) We need to identify the various causes of the disaster and see the various kinds of aid that may be required for this initiative.
2) How do we evaluate the requirements of those affected by the disaster in Uttarakhand?
3) How do we get aid directly to those that require it or do we identify agencies that are effective and honest distributors of aid?
4) How do we identify agencies that are effective and honest distributors of aid?
5) How do we oversee the distribution of the funds we hand over to these agencies?
6) How can we get aid directly to those that require it?
We look to all of you in the fraternity to write with your suggestions and/or how you can help to:
Email id of The DSOBS Uttarakhand Disaster Relief Initiative: email@example.com
Comments and Views of the Fraternity
To post your views and view comments of the fraternity you need to login to the site